Saturday 23 December 2017

Dream 890

'Groomed by a Bus Driver'
Date: 22 December 2017
Time: 05:30 - 10:00
Type of dream: Vivid dream
Dream recall: Strong recall 

Scene 1: A Bus Stop - Day
There was some action before I saw myself with DL at a bus stop, which reminded me (slightly) of a bus stop which was near the campus at the University of York, where I did my first undergraduate degree. This bus stop was one which I think I had only been to when catching a bus out of York (it was not the main bus stop and I think I can remember there being a concrete walkway above it). In the dream, the location was a suburban one, with some houses on the other side of the road and some flowers/bushes/trees. It was really sunny. Everything seemed calm and happy. The bus arrived. It was full of people. The bus driver was an old white man, with a grey beard. DL got on first and the bus driver started making conversation with him (I cannot recall what). A passenger on the bus got impatient with the stalling and shouted: 'Get on the bus!' DL went and found a seat. I went to buy a bus ticket. The bus driver asked me if DL was gay. I told him that DL was not gay. It appeared that the bus driver was attracted to him. He invited DL and I to visit his house and said that he had a train set. I saw a vision of baby pink and baby blue trains. 

Scene 2: An Interior - Night
I was then in an interior, which looked like a takeaway, but I am not sure. An online friend, KS was present with another female, who I think I know from real life and recognised within the dream, but cannot recall. They were standing against a large window. They were standing and hugging one another. I went into the corner, where there was a counter - reinforcing the notion that this was a takeaway. I reached under the skirt I was wearing, to remove a tampon. KS and the other female started screaming at me and then spun round on the spot really quickly, before rushing out of the door to the room/building. A male dream character (unrecalled) entered through the door moments later. I asked him what was wrong with KS. I explained that I had been removing a tampon and as women, I thought they would understand. The male said to me: 'They thought you were being raped'. This made sense to me.

I cannot recall the rest of the dream.

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • None of note

Dreamsigns: 

  • I saw a vision of the bus driver's train sets in my mind while standing at the front of the bus
  • I tried to remove a tampon in public
  • KS was present (she lives abroad)
  • The spinning of KS and the female

Day Residue: 
  • On the day of this dream I had been wondering whether to catch a bus into town with DL so that I could go Christmas food shopping after he visited me on campus
  • A few of days before this dream I had been impatient by how long the bus driver on the bus I was trying to catch was taking to give tickets. I was rushing to get into the city to meet DL so that we could go and watch Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi (2017) and the queue was super long, meaning I was worried I would be late. I was glad when the next bus turned up, as I could board this much faster. A couple of days later, I was catching a bus into the city so that I could get a train to Sheringham. I was annoyed when the bus was stopped for a prolonged period so that the drivers could switch over
  • Shortly before this movie I saw DL post a meme online which referred to train sets
  • On the day of this dream I had been watching videos about the bizarre, terrifying and fascinating Adult Swim film short by Alan Resnick, This House Has People In It (2016).This is definitely worth watching, so I have embedded the video below. I was drawn to the fact that the film features the colours blue (Boomy the Cat) and pink (the Family Friend) prominently. Most of the characters' clothing is blue or pink, as our decorations and cakes/sweets featured. Only one Youtube theorist mentioned the significance of these colours. I feel the suburban area I saw in Scene 1 may have been influenced by the location in which This House Has People In It is set. I have included some relevant images below the Youtube video of the film
  • I was aware KS has been through a recent traumatic event
  • The day before this dream I had reported a man on facebook for making inappropriate comments about wanting to commit rape
  • The day before this dream I had been looking for something in my cabinet drawer and seen some tampons
  • A couple of days before this dream I had mentioned to my Mum how good the food from my ex-boyfriend's takeaway had been

Waking Reactions: 
For some reason, this dream left me feeling really unsettled when I woke up. It felt really significant and lingering, although I am not able to say why. In Scene 1, the environment in which DL and I caught the bus seemed to be almost too perfect and twee - this felt fake and I woke up with this notion, even though in the dream I am not sure I specifically thought this at the time. I also felt unsettled by Scene 2.


No comments:

Post a Comment