Sunday 5 January 2020

Dream 1056

'Knicker Removal'
Date: 3 January 2020
Sleep times: 02:00 - 09:30 hours
Dream type: Normal
Additional:

Scene 1
Location: A train journey
Time: Day
I was on a train journey (I think it was daytime) although I am not sure of the intended destination. The train carriage was a composite of being a train and also a TV game show/quiz show studio. I got the distinct impression that it was both. It was very brightly lit and there were white tiles somewhere (on walls?) All of the train seats were group seats - with the tables in the middle. All of the tables had pepper pots (made of white china, very ordinary looking) on them and the pepper pots seemed to be significant. There were other unrecalled dream characters present, although I recall an older (middle-aged) white woman who was in some kind of position of power or authority of me, although I am not sure who she was or whether she was based on someone known to me in real life. There was some kind of conversation about the pepper pots. Something then happened on the train and all the passengers had to line up and remove their lower underwear - we did this by stepping out of our underwear in a way which did not expose our genitals.
  • I had seen memes relating to climate protester Greta Thunberg and trains.
  • I had been watching spoof TV game show skits on Youtube (which were written and starring Peter Serafinowicz - who was the voice of Darth Maul in Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999)).
  • I remember being passed a pepperpot when at the breakfast table while staying in a hotel on my recent family trip. The night before this dream I also used an excessive amount of pepper when cooking a curry. I also saw a packet mix for Jamaican Pepperpot soup in my local shop, which interested me and I decided I will try this soon.
  • While on my family trip I had a discussion about not wearing underwear.
  • I had been watching Gavin and Stacey - there were a couple of references to underwear in the episodes I had watched.

Scene 2
Location: A typical domestic interior
Time: Unknown
I was then in a typical domestic interior - it was not my house in the dream. The older female dream character from the first scene was present, as were other unrecalled dream characters. I was sitting at a desk, writing something down. This seemed to be a laborious task and I was under pressure - the stress made me feel overwhelmed and exhausted and my hand was aching from writing so much. I am not sure what I was writing. I was in this room for what seemed to be a very long time. My boyfriend AJ then entered the room, in a flustered state of panic - something was stressing him out. In the dream I already knew what was stressing him out although I do not recall what this was. I recall AJ was wearing a pair of blue jeans. I was trying to calm him down and telling him that everything would be OK. I cannot recall anything else about this dream.
  • I had been writing notes for my PhD research the night before this dream, and also doing some legal work. I feel under pressure with all of my academic and professional commitments at present.
  • AJ is stressed at the moment - following this dream, he rang me at 23:30 hours the next day (which is late for him) telling me he was extra stressed because someone had stolen his toothpaste.

 Baby Yoda aka 'The Child' from The Mandalorian
 Typical train carriage
 TV game show studio
 China pepper pot
Knickers

No comments:

Post a Comment