Sunday 11 September 2016

Dream 694

'Prison, Pancakes & Domestic Abuse'
Date: 11 September 2016
Time: 16:00 - 19:30 (Afternoon Nap - I woke up from this dream naturally) 
Type of dream: Vivid dream
Dream recall: Normal recall

This dream is part of my Dream Incubation Experiment - Eminem / Marshall Mathers III Dream - click HERE (post will open in a new window) to see the details of this Dream Incubation Experiment, including the methodology and results of previous Dream Incubation Experiments.

Scene 1: A Prison Interior - Day
I was in an interior which looked like a prison - there were a number of 'cages' for cells, which were in rows in a large dark room. These cells/cages had metal bars, so you could see right into them. I was in a cell in the centre of room, so I could see into each and every cell adjoining mine, and all the way through into those beyond. The other cells were occupied by my work colleagues. Each cell had a flap with a wooden shelf. The flap was about the size of a large letterbox/catflap and could be lifted to pass items to and from each cell - such as food. 

I had a conversation with my friend/colleague NB. 

I then made some chocolate-flavoured pancakes, with whipped cream. I am not sure what I made them from, as I did not see any ingredients or a stove/source of heat - the plate of pancakes just appeared on the small wooden shelf. 

I then started to having a conversation with RBA via Facebook Messenger - I had my mobile phone with me in my cell. RBA said he wanted me to make him strawberry pancakes, so I agreed that I would do this. I cannot recall what else we discussed. I started making the strawberry pancakes - the pancake batter was very bright pink, but there were no 'real' strawberries in it. I knew the pancakes would taste like strawberry Angel Delight. I was aware that someone else - maybe a colleague - had already made the same pancakes and been praised for them by my boss for doing such a good job. Someone (in another cell) was trying to provoke me, saying I wouldn't be able to make the pancakes well enough.

There was more conversation with my colleagues, and some form of disagreement (unrecalled) which led me to feel left out and annoyed. 

I looked into the cell next to mine and saw a young adult female (a dream character, but in the dream she was a 'new colleague'). My boss, DT was hugging her, and looking over her shoulder at me (frowning at me, as if he was angry with me), he said: 'She's been domestically abused!' Other colleagues managed to get out of their cells and joined my boss in the abused female's cell, all hugging her and giving her sympathy and attention. Someone (unrecalled) told me that the female had lied about the domestic abuse to gain sympathy and was a fake. I felt vindicated, as I had thought there was something odd and disingenuous about her when I first saw her. I looked at her again. She had very thin, straight black hair which was shoulder-length and her makeup (eyeliner/mascara) was smeared under her eyes and on her cheeks like she had been crying. My boss DT was still hugging her and looking at me with an angry expression, My colleagues who had joined them in the cell were all talking to her. I then became aware that everyone - other than me - was allowed out of their cells, but I was locked in permanently. I decided to occupy myself with continuing to make strawberry pancakes. 

I cannot recall what else happened in this dream. I know I have forgotten some aspects of this dream.

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • RBA as a dream character

Dreamsigns: 
  • I was in a weird room full of prison cells occupied by my work colleagues

Day Residue: 
  • On the day of this dream (very shortly before I took this nap) I was at a work training session (led by my boss DT) where I met new team members. Part of the training was discussing dispute resolution and communal living
  • During the work training session I was messaging RBA on Facebook
  • At the work training session (during the break) I was talking to NB about a former female colleague who was annoying to work with and 'fake'

Waking Reactions: 
This dream did not reference my Dream Incubation Experiment or Eminem. This dream seems semi-traumatic, because I was locked in a prison cell, but this was not a nightmare or a particularly negative dream. I know I have forgotten some of the details, but I may recall more of this dream periodically as is often true of situations where I have recalled a dream well immediately upon waking and then forgotten some of it as the day progresses. If I do recall anything else about this dream, I will record it below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment