Saturday 27 January 2018

Dream 899

'Wedding Day Violence'
Date: 25 January 2018
Time: 23:30 - 09:10
Type of dream: Vivid dream
Dream recall: Strong recall 

Scene 1: A Domestic Interior - Time Unknown
I was in a domestic interior which was filled with a number of dream characters, none of who I know in real life, but who I knew in the dream. There was a large table in the room and we were standing around this. The house was inhabited by a male dream character who was of (Indian) Asian origin and it was the day of his son's wedding, although at another point in the dream, this 'son' was actually his daughter. However,  this gender switch did not seem odd in the dream, I just accepted it. This father was in his 50s and very slim, wearing a grey business suit. All the dream characters (and myself) were invited to the wedding, which was due to take place much later in the day. Preparations were taking place and everyone seemed really busy and excited.

I did or said something which angered the father of the bride(groom). I do not recall what I did/said, but the father's reaction was extremely dramatic and he threatened to kill me by bashing me with a large metal poker. I was terrified and in order to evade the father's wrath I (spontaneously and immediately) transitioned into a male version of myself and somehow obtained a fake passport, which I showed to the father to prove I was a different person. He believed that the male version of me was a different person, which enabled me to leave the room unscathed. I felt very relieved and somewhat smug at my deception. I went into a lift (elevator) in order to leave the building and at this point I became the normal version of myself again. 

Outside, I sat on a concrete step outside some buildings. Although I do not recognise the area from real life, in the dream I think I was on my university campus, which is jokingly referred to as the 'concrete jungle'. The step I was sitting on was between 2 tall concrete buildings and I felt that I was in a good hiding place, as I was still keen to avoid the father, given I now resembled my normal self. There was a small stretch of grass and a path between the buildings I was sitting outside and those opposite, which appeared to be residential buildings. It was a sunny day. I began to smoke a joint. I had laid the possessions from my bag out on the concrete step beside me. One of these items was a key, with no keyring attached to it. 

As I was sitting smoking the cannabis, a male dream character approached me. He was young and mixed race and resembled a boy I knew from my hometown, LT, who I have not seen for many years. He saw me sitting on the step and approached me. I realised that this dream character had been at the wedding guest gathering earlier, and therefore I was keen that he not recognise me and tell the father where I was in case the father came and attacked me as he had wanted to do earlier. The male stood in front of me and looked down at the key. He recognised me from the key, rather than my actual physical appearance and said that he knew who I was. I asked him not to snitch on me to the father and he said he would not, but I was not really convinced and felt like I should run away and hide somewhere better.

Scene 3: An Interior - Time Unknown
I then found myself in a building. The wedding guests were aso in this building and I had rejoined them because I now planned to attend the wedding. I was no longer scared of the father. I was with the sister of the bride - a young woman of Indian heritage, who was quite chubby, wearing bright red lipstick. This is the point in the dream where I knew that the I was with the family of the bride as opposed to the groom, which had been my perception in Scene 1. The sister and I were standing at a table upon which there were a number of fake fingernails scattered all over. They were pre-painted with a sparkly pink nail polish, the same as the one I most commonly use in real life. I was trying to find the right size nails for each finger and this was taking a long time. The father of the bride/sister approached us, and did not seem to recognise me, or perhaps care about the earlier altercation. He said that we had to hurry as we needed to get to the wedding venue. I tried to argue that I needed more time to find the right size fake nails and apply them, but he told us that we had the amount of time it would take for him to inflate '2 tyres of a bus'. I thought this was a very short space of time and I would not yet be ready. 

I cannot recall what else happened in this dream.

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • Changing identity
  • Switching gender roles
  • University campus

Dreamsigns: 

  • I was able to change identity to avoid violence

Day Residue: 
  • I  had had a recent conversation about keys to university buildings the day before this dream
  • On the day of this dream I had been playing my modded version of The Sims 3 - I have modded the game so that my sim can be an assassin and one of his weapons is a 'poker' which he can use to bash other sims to death
  • I had recently had some fake nails which were painted with pink nail polish, although not the exact polish I saw in the dream, although the one in the dream was one I actually own and am currently wearing on my toenails
  • On the day of this dream, I had watched a Pixiwoo video on Youtube, in which Nic discussed some gel nails she had got done in New York which had been painful

Waking Reactions: 
This was a really weird dream, which felt a little unsettling, although it wasn't perceived as a 'nightmare'. It also felt quite significant while I was dreaming it and immediately upon waking, but I feel that this was because it was vivid rather than because it communicated an important subconscious message. 

No comments:

Post a Comment