Friday 16 February 2018

Dream 914

'A Star Wars Redux'
Date: 13 February 2018
Time: 04:30 - 11:00
Type of dream: Vivid dream
Dream recall: Strong recall 

This dream was part of my current Dream Incubation Experiment - Anakin Skywalker Dream. Please click HERE for my post on the Dream Incubation Experiment, the Methodology I am using (with instructions for those who also want to attempt to incubate their own dream) and links to my previous Dream Incubation Experiments and previous Star Wars-themed dreams. On that post you will also find an Index for all recorded dreams which take place during this experiment.

Scene 1: A Family Home (Sheringham?) - Day
I was in my family home - but not one I know from real life. I am not sure which of my family members lived there, but many of them were present in the dream - my parents, my Nan, my Aunt VF (and possibly other Aunts/Uncles) and some of my cousins. 

At first there was some interaction with VF - who appeared as she did when she was very young - in her 20s. VF had got herself into some kind of trouble - I cannot recall exactly what, but I think it involved clothing. I was talking to VF, who seemed stressed.

I saw that my eyebrows were very full and elegantly shaped and felt surprised that they looked so good. I thought: 'the Vaseline has worked'.

I was then in the lounge of the house. There was a table, around which some of my family were seated, and some blue sofas which were positioned in an L-shape. Some of my family were seated on these sofas, some of them were laying down on them. Present was also a male dream character - an older white male, who was a powerful and famous movie director, who was remaking Star Wars - I think it was the original Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977), as it was going to star a young Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker. The director was a family friend and he was with my family as they were involved in the remaking of Star Wars. I was questioning how Mark Hamill was young again and why the new Star Wars director was entrusting my family to help with the new remake. The meeting in the lounge was to go over the script for the new movie. I saw - in my mind's eye - some of the new scenes which were being discussed. One of these scenes involved ancestors of Padme - a historical King and Queen of Naboo who were riding in a golden chariot adorned with an arch of flowers. I thought these characters were sterile and not of any interest to Star Wars fans - I wondered how they would fit these characters into the new movie, given we were remaking A New Hope, and this King/Queen lived in an era which was well before the events of Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999). I tried to voice my dissent from the idea of including these random, meaningless characters, saying something about 'temporal' (meaning 'time' - I recall specifically using the word 'temporal' but I am not sure of how I articulated it specifically). No-one was listening to me, and the director seemed to think my family's input was invaluable and inspired. 

Scene 2: A Foreign Apartment Complex - Day
We (my family, the new Star Wars director and cast - including Mark Hamill) and myself) were then on location. The location was 'abroad' but I am not sure where. It was a ruined apartment complex in a location which was mainly sand. The buildings were white tower blocks which were all in disrepair, and there were various dirty/old-looking vehicles parked in the area, which in addition to the sand, was littered with trash and debris. Many of the tower blocks had smashed windows and scaffolding - the entire place looked like a building site. 

It was very hot and sunny, and I realised this filming location was supposed to represent Tatooine. Everything was very pale, desaturated and dusty yellow or white in colour, other than the sky, which was a pale blue and made me think that it was very early morning. I thought this was a silly place to shoot the Tatooine scenes, due to the fact it was a very run-down apartment complex (a holiday resort?) in which we were all staying during the duration of the movie shoot. It did not resemble a Star Wars location, but rather a place on Earth and not even an aesthetic one. My family and the director were seated at some plastic patio tables on a small balcony area which overlooked the set. We were drinking coffees while we chatted about the movie. I was again trying to voice my opposition to the creative choices being put forward by my family and accepted wholeheartedly by the director. I thought that the new Star Wars movie would be awful and no-one would watch it. A short distance away, young Mark Hamill - in his Luke Skywalker costume - was standing on the back of a pickup truck, practicing his lightsaber skills. Han Solo - played by a new younger actor, not Harrison Ford was also practicing some scenes. I was not interested in what he was doing and I thought he was trying too hard to be the 'main star' of the new remake, as the actor seemed to have a huge ego and kept making up new lines/scenes which he wanted to include to pad out his own plotline.

Extra Information: 
No Vitamin B6 taken (forgot)

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • My family as dream characters

Dreamsigns: 

  • The unfamiliar family home
  • VF was young again
  • My family were heavily involved in the remaking of Star Wars
  • Mark Hamill was young again

Day Residue: 
  • I have been putting vaseline on my eyebrows and eyelashes to see if it helps hair growth. On the day of this dream I had applied makeup and felt that I had shaped my eyebrows really well. In a conversation with a member of staff at university (an emergency plumber who attended when my lounge/kitchen was flooded) I had referred to my eyebrows in a conversation about how Iranian women wear a hijab which in some cases must cover their eyebrows
  • On the night of this dream - as mentioned above - water flooded through my lounge/kitchen ceiling from the flat above (shower overflowed due to a blockage and soaked through the carpet). Me and the plumber moved my sofas - which are the same shade of blue as those in this dream - out of the way of the leak, meaning they are now in a different position
  • Star Wars and the fact that on many of the forums I participate in online, many fans are angered by the direction Disney is taking the franchise in and the introduction of new unpopular characters
  • I had been playing my modded version of Sims 3 on the day of this dream. My sim had visited a location in the 'Bayside' area of the city which reminded me of a really awful holiday resort - I had placed many dilapidated, rundown tower blocks, some with smashed windows and scaffolding on my map. My sim also stole a pickup truck
  • I posted a meme about the new Han Solo origin movie - Solo: A Star Wars Story, basically referring to the fact I was not interested in the Han Solo movie, There has been loads of publicity about this movie in the media - unsurprising given it's Star Wars! The fact it is the story of a young Han Solo may have influenced the fact that my dream involved young versions of the characters (the age they would have been in Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope

Waking Reactions: 
A Star Wars dream at last! In this dream, the Star Wars movie felt really sterile and unnecessary and I strongly felt that it would be unpopular with fans. Note that I love the new Star Wars movies and the prequels are my favourite, given they were the ones which were released when I was young. I both loved and felt disappointed by this dream. I loved it because it was related to Star Wars and therefore signalled me getting closer to the theme selected for my Dream Incubation Experiment, and also because it was so bizarre. I was disappointed because everything felt so misjudged and badly-conceived. 

No comments:

Post a Comment