Tuesday 20 February 2018

Dream 917 (DREAM INCUBATION EXPERIMENT SUCCESS!)

'I'm a Person, and My Name is Anakin'
Date: 19 February 2018
Time: 02:30 - 08:45
Type of dream: Normal dream
Dream recall: Normal recall 

This dream was part of my current Dream Incubation Experiment - Anakin Skywalker Dream. Please click HERE for my post on the Dream Incubation Experiment, the Methodology I am using (with instructions for those who also want to attempt to incubate their own dream) and links to my previous Dream Incubation Experiments and previous Star Wars-themed dreams. On that post you will also find an Index for all recorded dreams which take place during this experiment.

Scene 1: Sheringham - Day
Unfortunately, given this was a successful Dream Incubation Experiment dream, I have forgotten many elements of this dream and can only remember a few details. I forgot the majority of this dream upon awakening, which is not surprising to me as I have recently received some bad news which has had a significant impact on my mental and emotional health, including my sleep. 

I was in Sheringham and there was some kind of celebration taking place, but it was quite underwhelming. A large bank of television screens had been set up in the town, near the seafront. I am not sure what purpose this was to serve, but I think I did know in the dream. I was with various members of my family. I remember the weather was overcast and cloudy, but it was supposedly summertime. 

A short distance away there was a group of dream characters, who I think were local residents of the town, but who I cannot recall specifically. Amongst them were some fishermen who had some musical instruments with them, outside on the pavement. I recall a piano/keyboard and a cello, but there were more. A small child was with the fishermen and I realised that it was young Anakin Skywalker, looking and dressed exactly as he appears in Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999). I did not become lucid when I saw Anakin - my strongest emotion wa disappointment that it was young Anakin, not adult Anakin. I started complaining about this to someone - I think it may have been my Mum. Anakin overheard me and became upset at the 'rejection'. I approached him and found that I was standing beside the sea wall on the promenade. He said some words which were all out of order and unintelligible, but I knew he was saying/trying to say: 'I'm a person, and my name is Anakin'. I am sure that he mentioned that his name was Anakin before he said that he was a person, so the quote may have been back-to-front. My response was: 'You're an annoying person'. I said it in an angry way. Anakin was crying, but he had no tears. He just made a high-pitched wailing sound and his face looked very red. The fishermen (2 of them, both old white men wearing yellow waterproof waders and other items of clothing associated with their profession) told me that I was evil to reject Anakin because he was just a child. I said I did not care and walked away to rejoin my family.

I cannot recall anything else about this dream.

Extra Information: 
No Vitamin B6 taken (forgot)

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • Star Wars as a dream theme
  • Sheringham as a dream scene location
  • My family as dream characters

Dreamsigns: 

  • I met young Anakin Skywalker

Day Residue: 
  • I fell asleep watching a comedy review (Mr Plinkett via RedLetterMedia on Youtube) of Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999) which obviously features a lot of footage of young Anakin Skywalker and includes the scene where Anakin says: 'I'm a person, and my name is Anakin'
  • On the day of this dream I had been playing Sims 3 - 2 of the 4 instruments sims can learn to play are a piano and a cello. My sims got married in a ceremony which took place in a venue with a stage with these instruments in place on it

Waking Reactions: 
This was a successful Dream Incubation Experiment as I had a dream which featured Anakin Skywalker. However, even within the dream I was disappointed to meet Anakin as a young child - my aim is to meet the adult Anakin. Nevertheless, this was an exciting dream, signalling some progress in my Dream Incubation Experiment, which I will be continuing for the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment