Monday 4 May 2015

Dream 428

'My Boyfriend was an Older Woman!'
Dream date: 3 May 2015

Day 11 of 14-Day Dream Incubation Experiment - The 'Dream Town' Dream
This is Day 11 of my 14-Day Dream Incubation Experiment. Click on the red link to access the article which explains the experiment.

I was in a dark interior environment. I think it may have been a cafe, because there were lots of small(ish) tables in the room, although I can recall nothing more about the decor. I noticed that on a table behind me was a young male dream character, whom I felt a deep attraction to. He was slightly younger than me and had tousled blonde hair. I summonsed him over (I cannot recall what was said between us) and almost immediately we started kissing passionately. After the kiss broke off, I looked closely at the male dream character and noticed that it was an old woman, who had disguised herself as a young man. She had not done this with malice, but because she felt more comfortable as a young male than an older woman. I still felt betrayed however - as I did not want a relationship with a woman, and certainly not one much older than myself (she was in her 50s or 60s).

I was then in an interior environment (in which I lived with BG), but it was not my actual home. I cannot recall any details of the location, other than he fact that there was a large window (like my real-life home) at which I was standing for the majority of this scene. BG asked me if I had bought any toilet rolls as we had run out. I said: 'No', but in fact I had bought some secretly and hidden them in my bedroom. BG asked me if I wanted her to show me where the public toilets were and I said: 'No'. BG went upstairs to my room and looked around. My room looks like it does in real-life - including the fact that the furniture has been moved around (I did this a few hours before I had this dream in real-life). I thought: 'She can't see the hidden toilet rolls' (which were under my bed), but then I realised they were in full view. BG was very angry and stormed downstairs, to the first room (which I guess was our 'dream' lounge). I followed her, trying to explain that I thought it was her turn to buy the toilet paper and I had hidden some upstairs to wait and see if she met her responsibility. If she failed to buy any, I would have put the hidden toilet paper in the bathroom. BG did not accept my explanation and we argued, although I cannot recall what else was said in the argument. Eventually we made peace and I agreed that we would share the hidden toilet paper.

The scene changed and I was with a male (known to me in real-life, although I cannot recall who it was) - and we were standing by a canal - this was my 'Dream Town' as I could recognise the environment and had a strong feeling, although I did not become aware that I was dreaming (so, no lucidity involved). The male dream character and I were standing on a bridge over the canal, trying to catch some fish. However, all we could catch were small black snakes. 

There was a scene with some glass marbles, although I cannot recall what happened. 

TIME: 06:00 - 11:00 hours (I am not sure when this dream took place)
LUCIDITY: None

Dreamsigns:
  • The young male dream character definitely looked young and male when I summonsed/kissed him, but then suddenly became an old woman (A - Action/F - Form)
  • I was in my 'Dream Town' (IA - Inner Awareness/C - Context)
  • We were fishing, but snakes lived in the water (C - Context)

Recurrent Dream Themes:
  • Snakes

Potential Day/Dream Residue:
  • I have been reading a lot about transgender persons (as an LGBT rights supporter) and gender transitioning for quite a while now.
  • In real-life, we ran out of toilet paper on the night I had this dream, so I went to bed aware that this would have to be sorted out in the morning. I was slightly annoyed that this happened as I had been out of the house over the weekend and BG would have seen we were running low - Monday was a Bank Holiday, so the local shop was shut.
  • The day before this dream I had read an article about how you are supposed to put the toilet roll on the holder so that the new sheets are on the top (rather than underneath). I always arrange it so the new sheets are on top and I dislike it when other people do the opposite as I think it is less convenient, even if it is a  very minor issue. I was pleased that the article confirmed my method was 'correct'!

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:

I was so pleased that my 'Dream Town' made an appearance in this dream, although it was part of a very brief dream scene. This was a positive dream for me, other than the scenes involving the lack of toilet paper and the argument with BG, which seemed to be realistic and likely to happen in real-life and therefore possibly reflected some of my waking stress in dream form, which is never fun.

* I have forgotten some aspects of this dream, but if I recall them later, I will record them below.

Interpretation/Analysis:
This was a partial success in my dream incubation experiment, as my 'Dream Town' appeared to me in the dream, however, it was the location by the canal, which means that I did not get to explore any more of my 'Dream Town' and only saw an area I was already familiar with - although I have never actually seen the bridge before, so that was new. I am disappointed at forgetting the identity of the dream character who appeared in the scene (fishing in my 'Dream Town') as this would have been a point of significant interest for me.

The scene about the toilet rolls seems to be a reflection of an event in my actual life, which is banal and annoying. I am not sure why this surfaced so prominently in my dream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment