Tuesday 12 May 2015

Dream 433

'Horrible False Awakening'
Dream date: 9 May 2015
Before sleeping, I tried to induce a WILD (Wake Initiated/Induced Lucid Dream).

I then awoke in my bed. It was light (as it would be in real-life) and I could see clearly. Everything looked completely normal, although laying next to me - facing away from me towards the wall on the inside of the bed, was another person wearing navy. At first I assumed (wrongly) that I was sharing my bed with someone, as my thoughts were clouded. I then realised - because I had sleep paralysis in my arms - that this was a false awakening. I heard my doorbell ring - this is common in a false awakening for me. I decided that I would transform this lucid false awakening into a full lucid dream by attempting to get out of bed and leaving my bedroom, but the figure (dream character) who was laying next to me in the bed got up suddenly and straddled me, pushing me down on the bed. I could see that it was a young woman with a long face and grey hair, wearing a navy dress with a white collar. This was a version of the 'Old Hag Syndrome' or 'Night Hag' experience which is common in false awakenings/sleep paralysis. I recognised her as such instantly. I felt she was hostile and I was scared. I tried to get up, but I was too paralysed. She began to place her hands around my throat and I pushed myself upwards in terror. I found myself sitting up in bed, with the nightmarish female now gone. I thought I was awake, but I was actually still within the false awakening! Because I thought I was awake, I laid back down in bed. I then saw an A4 sized notebook hovering above my head, suspended in the air. I realised I was still in the dream state and fought to wake myself up properly. I managed to do so, and found that my arms were above my head and tingling with a numb pins-and-needles sensation from a lack of circulation. 

TIME: 19:30 - 20:00 hours
LUCIDITY: Yes - full lucidity via a lucid false awakening - induced by the WILD Technique
SPECIAL NOTES: WILD Technique practice for 20 - 30 minutes

Dreamsigns:
  • The whole scenario was a dreamsign

Recurrent Dream Themes:

  • The sound of a doorbell during a false awakening

Potential Day/Dream Residue:
None of note

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:

I felt scared and unsettled following this false awakening, but glad that I was able to wake up from it quickly. However, it was a missed opportunity to transform it into a full lucid dream - my fear got the better of me as it sometimes does in this scenario.

No comments:

Post a Comment