Saturday 23 July 2016

Dream 663

'Hairloss'
Date: 19 July 2016
Time: 04:00 - 07:30 (I woke up from this dream naturally)
Type of dream: Vivid dream 
Dream recall: Moderate recall

Scene 1: My Bathroom in my Temporary Accommodation, Norwich - Time Unknown
I was in one of the 3 bathrooms in my current temporary accommodation. My Mum was in my accommodation. I had dyed my hair bright red (I used to actually have hair this colour) and cut it short to my shoulders. While I was standing in the bathroom, I started to brush my hair and was shocked to see massive amounts of it falling out - handfuls at a time. I was extremely worried about going bald. I called out to my Mum, who joined me in the bathroom, but she did not seem concerned about my hairloss and was just joking and not taking me seriously. I touched my head and noticed that my hair felt very thin and balding. There was a male dream character (unrecalled) who also entered the bathroom and didn't seem to think my hairloss was a problem. 

Scene 2: Outside my Normal Home, Norwich - Day
I was standing in the outside area which is between the alleyway leading to the laundrette on one side, and my normal (i.e. permanent term-time) home on the other. I had my duvet (the current one on my bed) with me, laying on the floor. I wanted to take it to the laundrette, but something had made me stop and stand still. I then realised that I had 2 clean sets of bedding at home and didn't need to use the laundry right now, which was a relief, as I hate doing laundry, especially when it is an emergency. I then saw my former housemate, SH, walking from the direction of the laundrette. She was carrying one of my clean duvets - a green and white one. Instead of heading towards our former shared home, she started heading up the concrete stairs (next to our home) which would lead to my (her former) place of employment on campus. The stairs were not at a 90 degree angle to where I was standing, as they would be in real life, but were facing the opening of the alleyway. So from where I was standing, I had a good view of SH. I asked her what she was doing with my clean bedding. She said (nonchalantly): 'I used your other one for my friend, but it got dirty, so I need to use this one now'. I was furious that she would not only take one set of my clean bedding without asking permission, but then also take my remaining clean set and act like she had the right to do so, especially as she and I did not really get on when we were living together. I told her she could not use my bedding and must wash the set she had already dirtied, but SH was refusing, acting like she didn't need my permission to touch my belongings. I was arguing that I no longer had a clean set of bedding and because of her, I would need to clean one of the 2 dirty duvets, which was unfair. SH just walked off with my clean duvet over her shoulder, ascending the steps. 

I cannot recall anything else about this dream.

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

None of note

Dreamsigns: 
  • My current temporary accommodation as a dreamscene location
  • My university colleagues as dream characters - 'Ben' from Dream 662 and SH in this dream - we all do the same parttime job at university

Day Residue: 
  • The day of this dream I watched a Youtube video where the MUA, Kandee Johnson had her hair dyed red - this reminded me of when my own hair was dyed the same colour
  • In the summer my hair sheds noticeably more
  • Shortly before this dream I considered how I would feel if I lost my hair, because my identity and image seems so connected with my long, thick black hair
  • Living in temporary accommodation with 4 male friends has been a much happier experience than the previous year, during which I shared my home with SH
  • I had recently been thinking about the need to do laundry

Waking Reactions: 
The hairloss in Scene 1  was pretty anxiety provoking - but then hairloss is often interpreted as a symbol of anxiety in waking life, so perhaps this is the explanation for this dream scene, combined with the clear day residue which was present. The events of Scene 2 left me feeling angry and 'mugged off' by SH and upon waking and reflecting on this dream, I wish I had been more confrontational and assertive in the way I dealt with her - both in the dream and in real life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment