Sunday 24 July 2016

Dream 664

'Holiday'
Date: 23 July 2016
Time: 17:30 - 02:00 (I woke up from this dream naturally)
Type of dream: Vivid dream 
Dream recall: Weak/moderate recall

This dream is part of my Dream Incubation Experiment - Eminem / Marshall Mathers III Dream - click HERE (post will open in a new window) to see the details of this Dream Incubation Experiment, including the methodology and results of previous Dream Incubation Experiments.

Scene 1: A Clothing Shop - Day
I was in a clothing shop with my Mum. The shop seemed familiar to me - not from real life, but from an earlier dream - Dream 553 - 'The Worst Gym Ever' (note that when I researched this dream, I discovered the shop/shop assistant related back to an even earlier dream, Dream 254 - 'Thuggin, Freddie Gibbs & the Little Shop of Horrible Clothes'). I was trying to buy clothes for some form of holiday or day trip - the details were not clear, but there was a feeling of anticipation. I noticed that all the clothes in the shop were white or grey. I cannot recall anything else about this particular dream scene. 

Scene 2: Interior (A Classroom?) - Day
I was then in a room which appeared to be a classroom - there were long desks around the edges of the room, but there was no teacher. The only dream characters I recall were 2 males - neither of whom I recognise from real life, but one of whom I was interested in, in the dream. There was also a female - someone from Sheringham, who I know in real life, but I cannot quite recall. All I can remember is that this girl was someone I was not friends with, but did not dislike - I just found her boring (in real life - that was the impression I got from the dream - that she represented someone I did not pay too much attention to at school). I was wondering why this female was with us. I was also worried that the male I was interested in - a tall white male, with brown hair (this is all I can recall about him) might like her more than he liked me. 

There was the sense of the holiday being in the near future, and that these dream characters were coming with me. I am not sure of any of the other details of the holiday. There was some discussion or action involving getting money - earning or saving money, or collecting it in some way. The details were hazy. At some point I was standing beside some drawn curtains, which looked like the curtains in the living-room of my Nan's house in Sheringham, but we were still in the original location. There was also some red lace knickers - I cannot recall how they featured in the dream. 

Scene 2 continued for some time - there was a feeling that I wanted to get rid of the female dream character - that her imposing presence was holding me back or stopping me from getting what I wanted somehow.

I cannot recall anything else about this dream.

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • None of note

Dreamsigns: 
  • I recognised that the clothing shop in Scene 1 had appeared in earlier dreams - this was a form of dream deja-vu

Day Residue: 
  • Just before I had this dream, I had been watching one of my favourite shows, Nighty Night during which there is a scene in S01E03 in which Jill Tyrell (Julia Davis) removes a pair of red lace crotchless knickers and plants them in the pocket of her married love interest, Dr Don Cole (Angus Deayton) to convince his wife that he is cheating on her

Waking Reactions: 
There was nothing special about this dream, although I know that I have forgotten quite a bit of the details, especially in Scene 2. There was no indication that my Dream Incubation Experiment influenced the content of this dream in any way. However, I find the elements of dream deja-vu (and particularly the fact that I have had the same experience, relating to clothing shops where  I am usually with a female member of my family, occur in a number of previous dreams). Hopefully, if this dreamscene location/action occurs again in future, I can use it as a dreamsign. 

No comments:

Post a Comment