Saturday 30 July 2016

Dream 669

'M&M Restaurant'
Date: 30 July 2016
Time: 03:30 0 11:00 (I woke up from this dream naturally)
Type of dream: Vivid dream 
Dream recall: Moderate recall

This dream is part of my Dream Incubation Experiment - Eminem / Marshall Mathers III Dream - click HERE (post will open in a new window) to see the details of this Dream Incubation Experiment, including the methodology and results of previous Dream Incubation Experiments.

Scene 1: An Exterior Location - Night
I was in an outside scene and it was night - the light was a navy blue, like dusk had fallen and it was getting darker. Many people were around in this area, on some grass. My Mum was there. There was an exchange of something - black objects, which I think may have been made of fabric. At one point I removed a pair of white lace knickers from under a skirt I was wearing. 

I then saw a sign for a restaurant in the area we were standing around in - it was owned by my first ever boyfriend, MS1 and his brother, who in the dream was called 'Mark' even though his real name is 'Edmund'. The restaurant was called 'M & M'. For some reason I felt annoyed that MS1 and his brother had started their own restaurant. There was some action involving this restaurant, but I cannot remember what happened. 

I had some conversation with my Mum and I was worried about something, but I cannot recall what it was. She was telling me to calm down. This scene continued for some time, but I have forgotten a lot of the details.

Scene 2: My Bathroom in my Current Temporary Accommodation - Time Unknown
I was then in my bathroom, but as I looked around, I realised it was actually a huge open ballroom-type of space, with nothing in it. It also seemed darker than it had when I first found myself there, and thought it was my bathroom. 

I was aware that a member of staff from the university office I work for was asking my colleagues and I to collect belts from students. Two of my colleagues - I cannot recall who they were, but they were both male and both friends of mine - approached me. One of them was holding a handful of brown and black leather belts. I said it was not fair that we had to collect belts and my friends hugged me and told me it would be OK.

I cannot recall anything else about this dream.

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • My Mum as a dream character
  • Lace knickers - Dream 664
  • My current temporary accommodation as a dreamscene location

Dreamsigns: 
  • The restaurant was called 'M & M' - ES's name changed to make this possible, although I did not notice in the dream. Eminem created this name because his initials are M & M (I believe he also used to spell it this way before he became famous, but this might not be true!) - and therefore this was a minor success in my dream incubation experiment
  • My bathroom changed into a large dark ballroom

Day Residue: 
  • Eminem was symbolised as the restaurant called 'M & M' in the dream
  • A few days ago I watched one of my favourite shows, Nighty Night during which there is a scene in S01E03 in which Jill Tyrell (Julia Davis) removes a pair of red lace crotchless knickers and plants them in the pocket of her married love interest, Dr Don Cole (Angus Deayton) to convince his wife that he is cheating on her
  • The day of this dream I took a nude photograph of myself in my bathroom
  • A few days ago I noticed that one my my male housemates (who is also a colleague) had left a brown leather belt in the bathroom and I thought about how much I like to see men wear low-riding jeans held up with a leather belt  - I remember consciously thinking about this 

Waking Reactions: 
I have forgotten some elements of this dream, but if I recall anything further, then I will record it below. This was a partial (minor) success in my dream incubation experiment, as the symbol of 'M & M' is fairly significant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment