Tuesday 4 April 2017

Dream 800

'Stealing Cannabis from Someone's Father Figure'
Date: 3 April 2017
Time: 22:30 - 08:10 (I woke up from this dream naturally)
Type of dream: Normal dream
Dream recall: Normal recall 

Scene 1: Location Unknown - Time Unknown
Unfortunately, although I only woke up about 45 minutes before now (the point at which I am starting to record this dream) and had a vivid recall of this dream, I since then received some messages on my phone and was distracted by someone talking loudly right outside my bedroom window, so I have forgotten some aspects of this dream. 

I cannot recall the location of this dream. At one stage it seemed as if we were in a room which was similar to the living-room in my Nan's house, Sheringham. 

At various points in this dream I recall that the main dream characters I was with were SL, my ex-boyfriend and AP, a friend from high school. I saw SL, dressed in very bright shorts and trainers, straddling a wall, trying to get over it. I also saw SL laying on the floor of the room we were in, he was messing around.

While in this room, AP - and another female dream character were present. There was a male dream character who was nearby, but not in the room. He was an older man with longish black hair and a beard. His skin was darker than my own, but not darker than SL's. I would say he looked mixed-race. He wore sunglasses and was tall and skinny. I am not sure how I know what he looked like, as he was not in the room at the time. It was just knowledge, not something I witnessed physically in the dream. 

This 'father figure' had left his belongings in the room. I knew that in one of the bags (a khaki-green duffel bag) he had a large supply of cannabis. I decided to steal the cannabis from his bag and pretend that it was my own. I rummaged through the bag, in full sight of SL and AP. I found the cannabis, and put it in my own bag. Subsequently, I took some of the cannabis and rolled a large joint with it, feeling pleased that I had managed to get away with stealing it.

I think something was going to happen and we were preparing for it - but I cannot recall. I think there was something involving learning or education - attending a class? I have a vague recollection of me wanting to sign up for a class, or change the subject I was due to study, because I was jealous of the subject AP or another dream character was going to study. There is the vague memory of a family function as well - and my Mum as a dream character.

I cannot recall anything else about this dream.

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • None of note

Dreamsigns: 
  • I was with SL and AP 

Day Residue: 
  • I recently saw SL announce his engagement on Facebook. My last interaction with him was him drunk asking me to send him nude photographs and asking if I would ever meet him
  • The 'father figure' was based on a man I had been talking to on the internet. He was slightly older than me and was kept assuming that one day I would have kids, which I told him was not going to happen. I blocked him after he kept asking me what my 'dating dysfunction' was and whether I was 'crazy like all other women'. This real life man was of Jamaican heritage, but in the dream, the dream character was light-skinned and possibly mixed-race
  • I had been discussing cannabis with DL on the day of this dream
  • I had made broccoli and blue cheese soup on the day of this dream and had consciously thought 'blue cheese' is a weird name for a strain of cannabis
  • I had been discussing my education and family functions on the day of this dream with online friends
  • I had a phone conversation with my Mum on the day of this dream

Waking Reactions: 
It is very frustrating that I have forgotten the majority of this dream. However, since it is so early in the day, and less than an hour after I woke up from this dream, I still have vague memories which feel like they might solidify into more concrete recollections at some point throughout the day. I have experienced this before. It is analogous to the feeling when you are searching for a word/phrase which is just out of reach and you refer to it as 'being on the tip of my tongue'. 

If I recall anything further, I will record it below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment