Thursday 6 April 2017

Dream 801

'New Puppy'
Date: 5 April 2017
Time: 21:00 - 03:30 (I woke up from this dream naturally)
Type of dream: Normal dream
Dream recall: Normal recall 

Scene 1: A Street, Location Unknown - Day
I was with PS (my ex-boyfriend) and we was asking me to go to his home so that I could be introduced to his new puppy, with was black and white. We were walking down a residential street during the conversation about the new puppy, and it was a sunny day. A feeling of dread came over me and I asked if N the Dog had died (hence replacing him with a new puppy). PS told me that N had died and I was angry, asking why he had not called me to tell me this when it happened. PS told me that his new girlfriend had prevented him from doing so. 

Scene 2: Location Unknown - Time Unknown
I was looking at myself in third-person perspective. My hair was dyed a bright yellow blonde colour (the roots were grown out black) and if I moved my hair, you could see bright red streaks dyed into it. I wondered if I could bleach out the red and be left with blonde hair. I was impressed as this was the lightest and brightest my hair had ever been bleached and I wondered why I would have 'ruined' this effect by adding in the bright red. 

Extra Information: 
None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: 

  • An ex-boyfriend as a dream character

Dreamsigns: 
  • I was with PS
  • I could see myself in third-person perspective

Day Residue: 
  • On the day of this dream I had been talking about N the Dog with a Facebook friend on his status about dogs
  • On the day of this dream I had seen a woman wearing a bright red jacket and a fluorescent backpack and thought those 2 colours worked well together
  • On the day of this dream I had been talking to DL about finding the hex-code for the 'perfect red tone' - which to me is an orange-red/ We had discussed that this was not a pure red and it would have yellow mixed into it
  • On the day of this dream I had read an article about hair dying online 

Waking Reactions: 
I hate dreams about N the Dog, even positive ones, as I still miss him so much. This dream was even worse, due to the fact I had to find out he had died. 

I find it interesting that this dream involved 'dying' in terms of death and 'dying' in terms of changing the colour of hair. This is an interesting play on words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment