Sunday 16 August 2015

Dream 471

'Weird Dream Coincidences'
Dream date: 9 August 2015

Scene 1: The Two Lifeboats Hotel, Sheringham - Time Unknown
I was in the pub which my mum used to manage, standing behind the bar where the coffee machine is. This was known as the 'Duncan Bar' when we worked there (before it was sold/refurbished). I saw some dream characters standing in front of the table/booths in the bay window. I did not know these dream characters and I cannot recall what they looked like or how many there were. I only recall one - a blonde woman who was pregnant. She was in labour and one of the male dream characters in the group told her that she should go upstairs and lay down in one of the hotel rooms, which she did.

Scene 2: An Office - Time Unknown

I was then in an office which reminded me slightly of the IT room in my old high school. There was a small sub-office with glass walls in the main room, which was what made me think of my high school IT room. This sub-office was where IT technician worked from - no students were allowed in.  

There was a bed in the main part of the office, with white linen. I was laying in the bed with a black male, who reminded me of my ex-boyfriend, SL. As soon as I realised this, the dream character seemed to adopt more of SL's facial features, although he had Afro hair, unlike SL. The dream character and I were sucking on each other's fingers, at the same time. We were pleased to be in each other's company and clearly liked each other, but the atmosphere and action of sucking each other's fingers was not sexual.


More dream characters entered the room. These were my friends, although I cannot recall who they were. I got up from the bed to speak to them. I said something about the 'girl upstairs' and was concerned for her well-being. I was also worried that we would get 'caught' for doing something unlawful, although I cannot remember what this was. 


I was also aware that we were not supposed to be in the office at all - this may have been the unlawful activity I was worried about. I said to one of the male dream characters: 'What if they see us here on the CCTV?' He replied: 'The CCTV will get recorded over when it loops back on itself'. I realised that CCTV worked in a loop - as soon as the end of the tape was reached, it would start recording again from the beginning of the tape, wiping the previous footage. This made me feel relieved. There was more conversation with me and the dream characters, but I cannot recall what we talked about.

TIME: 03:00 - 11:00 hours (I do not know when this dream took place)
LUCIDITY: NONE
SPECIAL NOTES: None of note

Dream Information:

None of note

Dreamsigns:
  • There was a bed in the office (C - Context)

Recurrent Dream Themes:
None of note

Potential Day/Dream Residue:
  • See below

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:
The day after this dream (later the same day as this dream happened in the morning of 9 August 2015), I was on my Facebook when I saw a Facebook friend, SK (the younger son of my mum's friend and former boss - who used to own the Two Lifeboats Hotel) announce the birth of his older brother's baby. His older brother, BK, had studied computing at university and used to do all the main computer-based work when he worked alongside my mum at the Two Lifeboats. I had been unaware that he had a partner who was expecting a baby. 

I went to look at BK's Facebook to check there were no references to his impending fatherhood which I may have seen without remembering (this was my first thought, as I was trying to find a logical/rational reason for this dream), but there had been no recent status updates on his or SK's Facebook about BK's pregnant partner. I did notice while checking this, that his partner was a blonde woman. Therefore I dreamed of a pregnant blonde woman in labour around the exact time  BK's partner gave birth in real-life. 


It was odd that in my dream the pregnant blonde dream character was in the Two Lifeboats Hotel, as this is the place I most associate with SK and BK, given my mum worked as Landlady for their dad and both boys had jobs there too.

I do not believe in pre-cognitive dreams or any kind of extra-sensory perception. I do not believe in psychic powers. Therefore, this dream must have been a very weird coincidence, but my waking thoughts and emotions were centred around how odd and disconcerting this dream experience was.

No comments:

Post a Comment