Sunday 16 August 2015

Dream 472

'Freestyle Battling Eminem'
Dream date: 10 August 2015

Scene 1: Interior of Building - Time Unknown
I was in an interior setting which seemed to be a big room with a black floor and white walls. I was not sure where I was, but my stepdad was present, as were a number of dream characters who were seated in a circle of chairs in the middle of the room. One of these dream characters was AWB and my stepdad was being friendly to her (he was standing up and walking around). This made me slightly angry as AWB and I do not get on, even though we don't know each other and simply have mutual friends. 

I was aware that Eminem was going to be performing a show in a local venue (unspecified in dream) and I was keen to go. I had tickets to get into the show and I wanted to freestyle battle him, but was aware that AWB wanted to do the same. I knew I had more talent in this area than her, so felt confident that I would be able to show off some skills. 

I started to spit some freestyle rap lyrics - I cannot recall what these lyrics were, but I do know that they were all in perfect rhyme and I was growing in self-assurance. 

AWB and the other dream characters seated in the circle were all talking about me, although I could not work out what they were saying, as they were whispering and I was standing a short distance away. I felt annoyed that my stepdad was complicit in this. 

My stepdad came over and told me that I should go to the Eminem concert and try to freestyle battle him as planned. He told me to 'roll a spliff and go and heckle him'. The plan was to offer the spliff to Eminem to catch his attention and then challenge him to the rap battle. I started to roll a spliff. I was then aware that I was standing next to a table which I had not noticed before - it was a refreshments table, with snacks and drinks on it. 

I woke up.

TIME: 05:30 - 11:00 hours (this dream happened just before I woke up)
LUCIDITY: NONE
SPECIAL NOTES: None of note

Dream Information:

  • AWB is a female who I fell out with over a stupid issue with my ex-boyfriend. The whole thing was partly my fault, partly his and - in my perception - made worse by her. I have been in the same social environment as her since the incident, but we ignored each other to maintain the peace. She is trying to make hip hop tracks, but the general consensus amongst some of my friends is that she is not very good, whereas I have some ability but refuse to record or publicise it. One of my friends told me I should challenge her to a rap battle as I have some skill in freestyling and some experience of rap battling. I am not keen to do this as I think it is better to simply ignore her

Dreamsigns:
  • None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes:
  • Hip hop & rap music
  • Eminem
  • Cannabis

Potential Day/Dream Residue:
  • About 3 days before this dream I saw that people on social media were posting a new freestyle video by Eminem which showed him to be 'back on form'. I did not watch/listen to the video, but I did discuss Eminem on the same day with DL

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:
None of note, other than I am pleased I freestyle rap in my dreams as I believe it to be good practice. Recently, I have seen an improvement in my waking abilities (I had not practiced for a number of years since I lost interest, but had returned to it as a fun hobby which I do when alone). I wonder if freestyling in my dreams is responsible for my increase in waking abilities? I wish this dream would have continued so that I could meet Eminem and battle him.

No comments:

Post a Comment