Tuesday 18 August 2015

Dream 477 (FALSE AWAKENING)

'My Affair with Mark Thompson'
Dream date: 17 August 2015 (Dream #2 of this date)

Scene 1: My Bedroom in Norwich - Day (False Awakening)
I had a false awakening, without sleep paralysis. My bedroom looked as it does in real-life, but there was a knock on the door, which was immediately opened. The person behind the door said: 'Maintenance, I'm here to clean up your wall'. I shouted back: 'Leave me alone!' and fell asleep into a normal, non-lucid dream almost immediately.

In the dream, I was then telling Maintenance that I was ready for them to come and fix the wall. There was one male - he was white, medium build and had short dark hair. He was wearing a navy uniform - a boiler suit of some kind. He said his name was 'Mark Thompson' and he was here to 'fix the electrics' (despite there being no issue with electrics in my house). I said: 'Don't you mean the wall?' to which he said: 'It's the same thing'. He started to do something to my wall with tools.  The desk (which is in front of the hole in my wall) had been moved without me noticing. I was anxious about being charged for the repair work, so I thought that I should flirt with Mark and try and charm my way out of having to pay (assuming he would speak to Accommodation on my behalf and tell them that the damage was not my fault). I started flirting in an attempt to seduce Mark. I cannot recall what I said, but I was standing very close to him and my plan seemed to be working. 

Scene 2: A Shopping Centre/Mall - Day
I then found myself on a date with Mark. He was now dressed in casual clothes. I was aware that Mark wanted to have sex with me, but was worried because I had not shaved my legs/armpits/bikini line (I like to be completely hairless). I excused myself and went into the public toilets, where I undressed in a cubicle so that I could shave these areas in private, which I did do. I then saw a weird creature on the floor of the toilet cubicle - it was white and slimy and L-shaped, about the size of a mouse. It freaked me out because I had never seen anything like this before (see image below). I was scared and decided to leave the toilets and find Mark. He was standing beside a big advertising banner at the top of an escalator/flight of stairs on the first floor of the shopping mall. When he saw me, he grabbed hold of me and kissed me passionately. I thought this might be the start of a relationship with him. He then picked me up and cradled me in his arms. As he was holding me, I saw more of the white creatures on the floor beneath the advertising banner and pointed them out to Mark. Mark then tried to carry me down the stairs, but lost his balance. He was still carrying me as we fell to the bottom of the stairs - the fall felt very realistic - like a 'hypnagogic jerk' (click link for explanation of this phenomenon). Although I had the sensation of my stomach flipping and nerves, we were both unharmed on impact. I was aware that there were other dream characters - shoppers in the mall - standing around gossiping about us.

Scene 3: My Nan's House, Sheringham - Day
I was then in my nan's house, in the living-room, telling her about Mark. I was planning to go and visit him later that day and was very excited about it. My nan told me (disapproving of my relationship with Mark) that his wife and children lived further up the road from her house. I was looking out of the window when she said this. I was not concerned, as I already knew Mark was married with a child, but wanted to be with me instead. I thought that the idea of him cheating on his wife to be with me was exciting! My nan then said that it was his aunt that lived up the road (i.e. not his wife and child).

I cannot recall the rest of this dream.

TIME: )7:15 - 11:00 hours (I woke up from this dream)
LUCIDITY: Semi-lucid (I had a very brief - several seconds long - false awakening)
SPECIAL NOTES: None of note

Dream Information:

  • I am expecting Maintenance (the people who work for Estates & Buildings at my university) to come to my university accommodation to fix a hole in my wall. When I was asleep, my foot kicked the wall and left a massive hole in the plaster - there was clearly a weak spot in the wall, as the hole is a perfect square shape - similar to a plug socket in size. I reported this to Maintenance and the Accommodation Office emailed me to say I would be charged for repairs as it is not 'reasonable wear and tear'. I dispute this on the basis that damage was accidental (I did it while asleep, so no intent!) and the wall was not 'fit for purpose' if it is so fragile

Dreamsigns:
  • Fixing electrics and fixing walls (plastering) are not the same thing (IA - Inner Awareness)
  • The weird creature does not exist in real-life (F- Form)
  • Mark's wife and child then became his aunt (C - Context)

Recurrent Dream Themes:
  • My nan's house in Sheringham as a dream scene location

Potential Day/Dream Residue:
  • I am currently awaiting for the hole in my wall to be fixed by Maintenance and was thinking about my dispute with Accommodation the day before this dream as the thought of being charged for repairs (when I am blameless) is making me anxious!
  • On 2 August 2015, I was telling my friend SA about hypnagogic jerks - and my childhood experience of dreaming my bed was sliding backwards, head-first down the stairs - I would always awaken with the jump on impact, and the feeling was horrible - like my 'stomach was leaping into my mouth' /stomach flipped (the nervous, uncomfortable feeling when you are about to plunge downwards on a roller-coaster)
  • On 15 August 2015 I was in the city and went to sit on a small bench. As I have a large butt and poor spacial awareness, I managed to miss my mark and fell backwards onto the ground, which was embarrassing, but completely painless, as my fat butt cushioned the impact!
  • I used to casually date a former school friend, named Mark, who lived in the same approximate location as the dream character Mark did in this dream - I was telling my friend JD (who knows the real-life Mark) about this about a week before this dream

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:
I enjoyed this dream a lot, other than the fall down the stairs! It felt exciting to seduce the dream character Mark. However, I fell asleep quite soon after I woke up from this dream, and my third dream which occurred during this sleep overshadowed the earlier 2!

* I have forgotten some aspects of this dream as I fell back asleep and had an even better dream shortly after waking from/recalling this one. If I remember anything further, I will record it below.

No comments:

Post a Comment