Sunday 1 May 2016

Dream 616

'Killing Ginger Security Staff'
Dream date: 28 April 2016

Scene 1: My Bedroom, Norwich - Morning
I was in my own bedroom, in Norwich, waking up. This was not a false awakening - or it may have been one, but I did not perceive it as such, as there was no lucidity or indication that this was anything other than dream narrative. It was morning and I decided I didn't want to get out of bed, but would rather sleep late until I naturally woke up. My bedroom was then entered by 2 maintenance men, who tried to get me out of bed by pulling my arms and legs. I was angry and confused, and the maintenance men told me that there was a new university rule: all students and staff had to be awake and out of bed by 10:00 hours each day - staying in bed or sleeping during the day was now banned and would be treated as a criminal offence. I felt that this violated my human rights, but I had to get out of bed as the maintenance men would not leave me alone or get out of my room until I did as they said. 

Scene 2: A Cafe (University Campus) - Day
I was then in a cafe on my university campus, with my housemate, some other dream characters (who may have been fellow students at university) and one of the Security Team, who was a young-looking white male with bright ginger hair. He was my housemate's new boyfriend (in the dream), and I blamed him for the new rule about having to get up before 10:00 hours. This ginger male was seated at a table in the cafe, while I was queuing at the counter, near the cashiers. I went over to the male and started to punch him in the face, violently, hoping to kill him. He did not fight back. I then realised that I could get into serious trouble if I continued to assault him, so I stopped. I then went and stood against a wall, looking at the scene in the cafe. I saw my housemate standing against the opposite wall, wearing a white top. Her boyfriend - the ginger Security Officer - was still seated at the table, now drinking a glass of lemonade.

Scene 3: A Dark Corridor - Time Unknown
I then found myself with the group of people (including my housemate and the ginger Security Officer I had assaulted) in a dark corridor, which had doors at either end. A huge child's face - about 3 - 4 times the average size - and with no body (just a disconnected head) came whooshing out of the walls towards us, like a ghost. The child's face had a cartoon-like quality and the hair was white, and looked like ice cream. The child's mouth was in an 'O' shape. When the child's face came out of the wall towards us, there was the sound of rushing wind/air which made a wailing sound. It was scary, but not nightmarish. It kept happening while we were standing in this corridor, although we did not know why.

I cannot recall anything else about this dream.

TIME: 02:00 - 11:00 hours (I woke up from this dream)
LUCIDITY: NO
SPECIAL NOTES: NONE OF NOTE

Dream Information:

  • None of note

Dreamsigns:
  • The conversation with the Security Officers
  • The violent acts I performed for no reason/motive
  • The scary child's face which could pass through walls

Recurrent Dream Themes:

  • None of note

Potential Day/Dream Residue:

  • The day before this dream I had received an email from the Accommodation Office, informing me that workmen would be entering my house at some point the next day to check the condition of 'interior doors' in my house, so I was aware that I might be woken up by the doorbell, or failing that, the sound of strange men entering my house with their own keys (this often happens when you live on a university campus), so doesn't tend to trouble me now I am more than used to it
  • The night before this dream I had been discussing my housemate's casual relationship with her
  • In the days prior to this dream I had been marking coursework for the Principles of Criminal Law class I teach at university, which included a section on assaults
  • Lemonade - see Daily Key Triggers 25/4/2016 (Beyonce - Lemonade)

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:
This dream was less influenced by my daily key triggers than my last one, but it was still interesting to note how these key triggers appeared in my dream content, as well as the effects of other elements of day residue. I feel too many dreamers ignore the impact of their day residue in favour of seeking more spiritual, or 'deep, meaningful' content in their dreams, which is a shame, as I feel day residue is incredibly enlightening and exciting as a separate aspect of dream study and no less significant than dream content which seems to come from nowhere. 

* I may have forgotten some aspects of this dream. If I recall anything else later, I will record it below.

No comments:

Post a Comment