Wednesday 25 May 2016

Dream 637

'Is it a Toy?'
Date: 23 May 2016
Time: 03:45 - 14:00 (I woke up from this dream with an alarm clock)
Type of dream: Vivid dream
Dream recall: Moderate recall - some loss of recall due to not writing the dream down in my Dream Journal as soon as I woke up from it

Scene 1: A Domestic Interior (Location Unknown) - Time Unknown
I was in a room which seemed to be empty and very large, with either pink or yellow walls (or maybe even a peach colour). On one side of the room there was what appeared to be a concrete staircase, partially behind a partition wall, leading downwards. The stairs were obscured somewhat by the partition wall (I could only see the top 3 stairs), and were in the same concrete and same colour of the walls. I was with SL (my ex-boyfriend) and some other people. One of these people was a male dream character - a good looking white man of early to mid 20s, with very thick light blonde hair, in a grown out bowl-cut style (popular in the 1970s). He was wearing a white outfit. 

SL told me I had to do something (I cannot recall what), but I was reluctant to do it. He kept on at me to do whatever it was, and when I eventually said that I would, the consequence of my (unrecalled) actions caused the blonde male dream character to fall down the concrete stairs, into what was a basement. I felt very guilty, but SL seemed nonchalant about the incident, telling me it did not matter. 

The blonde male dream character crawled back up the stairs. His head was bleeding. He turned around, while still crouched on the floor and I noticed that he had a huge bald patch on the back of his head. I said to SL: 'Look! We've ruined his hair!' (this caused me to feel extra guilty). SL didn't seem to care and said: 'It was like that before'. This allowed me to feel somewhat relieved, but also a little confused and sceptical, as I had not noticed this bald patch before (it was half of his head in size).

Scene 2: A Domestic Interior (Location Unknown) - Time Unknown
I was sitting on the floor of a lounge, which was very decorative, with a lot of gold antiques and blue embroidered objects. I was beside a blue, silk sofa - embroidered with flowers. Sitting on the sofa was SL's mum, JL. She was teaching me something - I cannot recall what it was.

Time passed.

I noticed a male known to me in real life (I cannot recall who). It is someone with brown or tanned skin (but not SL, who is very dark skinned). SL was definitely in the other room, and I knew this male was someone else. He was sitting on the floor. I crawled over to him, and found a fake acrylic nail. I touched it onto the male's lips. He said: 'Is it a toy? It better not be a toy?' I said: 'It's not a toy', but I didn't know what a 'toy' meant in the dream.

I cannot recall anything else about this dream at present, but some memories may come back to me at a later stage.

Extra Information: None of note

Recurrent Dream Themes: None of note


Dreamsigns: 

  • The entire events of Scene 1 were dreamsigns - unlikely events
  • I questioned what I was being told by SL in the dream
  • I could not understand the meaning of the word 'toy'

Day Residue: 
  • A few days before this dream, a Facebook 'friend' (not someone I particularly like) questioned by knowledge/ability to cook Asian food. I replied that I had worked in commercial catering for many years and also taught techniques from the family and friends of 2 ex-boyfriends with Asian heritage (SL and PS), as well as a prolonged interest in learning to make cuisine which shaped my childhood interest in international foods and obsession with 'desi foods' (to categorise the broad and diverse range of cuisines from the Indian subcontinent/Pakistan. A few days later he posted a photograph of his own attempt at making a curry on Facebook - I was not impressed! 
  • Around the time of this dream, my friend LD2 had posted 2 photographs of him side-by-side - one where he was a teenager, with bleached blonde hair (which I liked!) and another of him now - nearly a decade later, with his current (chestnut coloured, natural) hair, in a recent haircut which I think looks awesome on him
  • My friend CEC has recently been posting about her nail technician course - she also has a Facebook page for nail art
  • The day of this dream, I had been watching Youtube videos associated with Creepypasta
  • A short while before I had this dream, there was a video circulating in the news and social media about which featured a young female from China, attempting the 'corn drill challenge' (in which people film themselves eating an corn on the cob rotating on a power drill). The girl's hair wraps around the drill, pulling out a huge amount, leaving her completely bald at the front - she looks completely calm and says 'what happened?' touching her head

Waking Reactions: 
I thought this dream was really odd when I woke up from it. The first scene of this dream was particularly disturbing to me, because I felt intense guilt as hurting the male dream character and also ruining his hair. SL was very callous and ambivalent to suffering in this dream, which made him seem negative, even though I do not consciously perceive him in this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment