Thursday 10 September 2015

Dream 497

'My Kurdish Ex-Boyfriend'
Dream date: 9 September 2015

Day 2 of 14-Day Dream Incubation Experiment - Kurt Cobain Dream
This is Day 1 of my 14-Day Dream Incubation Experiment. Click on the red link to access the article which explains the experiment and contains all relevant links.

Scene 1: My Nan's House in Sheringham - Day
The majority of this dream took place in my nan's house in Sheringham - there may have been other dream scene locations prior to Scene 1 as recorded, but I cannot remember them. One of my ex-boyfriends - a Kurdish guy from London was in the dream, and we were back together again, although in the dream we had not split up. I was using both his real first name 'Serkan' and his nickname, 'Adam' when referring to him in the dream. I was happy - although it seemed that Serkan/Adam was actually PS, another ex-boyfriend (also from London) - who I much preferred. I cannot recall much of this scene, other than the fact that on my birthday I would be turning a year older than my real-life age, and someone (I cannot recall who) was pressuring me to make a decision regarding starting a family or having children, which was making me feel anxious.

Scene 2: My Former Workplace - a Criminal Defence Law Firm - Day
I was in my former workplace, with a former colleague, a female named RG. RG was showing me a piece of paper, which somehow related to a legal case. The legal case was about someone (I am not sure who) who had a family - and somehow this family was connected to me, although it wasn't my family. I feel that some of the forgotten aspects of this dream would offer an explanation as to who the family were and why they were involved in a legal case. I think I had visited the family earlier in the dream (unrecalled) - and there was some link to Serkan/Adam, food (a birthday cake?) being served and a garden with white objects in it. There may have also been a package or box of some kind. These themes seemed relevant to my memory of the dream. 

In any event, I felt that I should be handling this legal case as I had some intimate connection with the people involved in it, who were all male. I persuaded RG that I would take over the work on this case from her. I took the piece of paper from RG and examined it closer. Her boss, AS (a senior lawyer) had been handling the case prior to her getting the work on her desk. He had drawn a picture in pencil, which I could not make out - other than the fact it contained an image of some plastic 'Goody' barrettes in the shape of bows (I own some of these in real-life). I said: 'I want more of those!' meaning the barrettes. The barrettes were in a 'garden' in the pencil drawing - and white - which may have represented the white objects in the garden in the forgotten part of this dream. I think I had visited this garden in the dream - with the male members of the family I was handling the legal case for. Everything seems confused and vague as I try and recall/record this dream.

TIME: 21:30 - 10:40 hours (I woke up from this dream)
LUCIDITY: NO

Dream Information:
  • I dated Serkan/Adam for a few months, but split up from him because I wasn't particularly in love with him and didn't see the point of prolonging the relationship. I would not get back together with him now
  • I dated PS for 4 years and was in love with him

Dreamsigns:
  • Serkan/Adam and PS were the same person - or a composite dream character and I was aware of this in the dream
  • I was a year older than my real-age

Recurrent Dream Themes:
  • My nan's house as a dream scene location
  • PS as a dream character

Potential Day/Dream Residue:
  • The day of this dream I had been telling a friend about my former job in a criminal defence law firm
  • The day of this dream I had been discussing the post-room/packages with a friend at university

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:
I feel very frustrated that I have forgotten a lot of this dream, as when I woke up from it, I felt that some of it was quite significant and left me feeling a bit empty - I know the forgotten aspects did not include any further references to Kurt Cobain or Nirvana, but I still wish I had better recall as I definitely experienced some dream action prior to Scene 1 and between Scene 1 or 2 which made the dream narrative more clear, meaningful, cohesive and interesting to me.

Interpretation/Analysis:
I associate Goody Barrettes with Courtney Love - Kurt Cobain's wife. This is another positive indication that the 'seed' for a successful dream incubation has been planted. I feel that my dreams are presenting me with subtle clues that I will soon have a dream about Kurt Cobain!

* I know I have forgotten quite a lot of this dream - I did recall more of it upon waking, but while I was consolidating the dream memory in my mind, I was disturbed by a workman who had come to fix a hole in my bedroom wall, so the dream memory quickly faded. If I recall anything else about this dream, I will record it below.

No comments:

Post a Comment