Thursday 9 April 2015

Dream 404

'Picking Fruit'
Dream date: 8 April 2015
I was in an interior environment, which felt like it might be my home in Norwich, but I could not really see much to confirm this. I had plans to visit Sheringham and meet up with some friends, including LD, but I was not keen to go for some (unrecalled) reason. Suddenly, a group of people entered my environment - it was my cousin HM and members of her dad's side of the family, including JLR. Everyone was talking and laughing loudly. HM sat beside me and I noticed she looked very young - like a teenage version of herself. I felt jealous, because I looked my own age (in reality, she is only 3 years younger than I am). I got some vegetables and tomato sauce from my fridge (this was my fridge in Norwich) and placed them in a dish, which I put in the oven. HM told me that she had been to visit LD and she really liked him. I wondered how she had known my plans and why she had gone to meet my friends before I had even decided not to go myself.

I then went to look at some shoes - it seemed as if I were now in a sports store or shoe shop. These were Nike trainers,  but instead of saying 'Nike', they said 'Jay-Z'. He was now the sole owner and designer of Nike shoes. I picked up a pair of black leather women's shoes and started inspecting them.

HM and JLR (and some other members of their family) encouraged me to go fruit picking with them. We went into a white room which had several fruit trees growing out of the floor. Instead of growing on the trees, the fruit was in dishes which sat around the base of the trees (with a hole in the middle). I saw one tree which was signposted as an 'apple tree' but was confused to find that the dish at the bottom contained pears. Someone behind me said: 'They are actually apples', which I knew to be incorrect. There was a white shelf (low, at around waist height) with more dishes on it. Inside these dishes were a variety of berries - strawberries, raspberries, blueberries etc. We were gathering the fruit and putting them in white cloth bags. A older female dream character came over to us and showed me a book - it was sepia and very old and worn. I cannot recall what the book was about. 

I then thought about the vegetables I had been cooking in the oven and the fact I had left the house with the oven on. I noticed JLR was no longer with us, and wondered if perhaps she had gone back to the original location to get the vegetables out of the oven before they burnt. The older female dream character (as if reading my thoughts) said: 'They're incinerated now!' which panicked me.

TIME: 04:00 - 13:00 hours (I woke up from this dream, so assume it took place towards the end of this sleep cycle)
LUCIDITY: None
SPECIAL NOTES: None of note

Dreamsigns:
  • HM looked like her teenage self, when she is an adult in reality - I questioned this in the dream (IA - Inner Awareness/F- Form)
  • HM does not know LD (IA - Inner Awareness)
  • Jay-Z does not own Nike (IA - Inner Awareness/C - Context)
  • Trees were growing out of the floor (F - Form/C - Context)
  • Pears were apples in the dream (IA - Inner Awareness/C - Context/F - Form)

Recurrent Dream Themes:
  • My cousin HM looking like her much-younger self

Potential Day/Dream Residue:
  • I had plans to visit Sheringham and see HM who was also planning to visit, but the plans fell through. JLR and LD also live locally.
  • The day before this dream I had decided that my dinner on the evening of 8 April 2014 would be vegetables and the left-over tomato sauce which I had made/eaten before I had this dream. I am trying to eat as many fruits and vegetables as possible because I am on a healthy-eating diet.
  • The night before this dream I had eaten a raspberry yoghurt.
  • The night before this dream I had watched an episode of a TV cookery competition, in which the contestants had made a fruit sorbet using red fruits.

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:
None of note.

* I think I have forgotten some aspects of this dream. If I recall them later, I will record them below.


No comments:

Post a Comment