Saturday 25 April 2015

Dream 420

'Christmas, Vomit & Snakes'
Dream date: 24 April 2015

Day 3 of 14-Day Dream Incubation Experiment - The 'Dream Town' Dream
This is Day 3 of my 14-Day Dream Incubation Experiment. Click on the red link to access the article which explains the experiment.

I cannot quite remember how the dream started. There was someone (unrecalled) who had a polythene carrier bag. They reached in and pulled out a severed head (male, older, quite rugged-looking) which was bright blue and had the dripping texture of wet paint. I kept seeing structures in powder blue - like the shell of a house in which the walls have not yet been fully built. I thought to myself: 'This is influenced by that 1960s kitchen I saw on Back in Time for Dinner (a TV social history show in which a family spend a summer going back in time - home decor, fashion, lifestyle and food - from the 1950s up to the 1990s). I also thought: 'I have invented a new shade of blue in this dream' - although I was not actually lucid, only pre-lucid. 

It was Christmas and I was in my nan's living-room in Sheringham. It was daytime. The house was decorated with Christmas decorations and we (my mum, nan and I) were in the process of preparing the Christmas dinner. PS was with me, but EB had also tagged along and we did not want him there. He was talking about cannabis, and we just wanted him to leave, so we could celebrate in peace. I then noticed that EB's mum was also present - she was sitting in the armchair near the window and started a conversation with me - although I cannot recall what she was saying. I asked her if she could take EB away and they eventually left. PS and I were happy.

I then saw the back garden. It was filled with stray (feral) cats - which do live in my nan's garden in real-life, although a lot of them are deformed or weak. The cats had all been sick on the grass - there were massive puddles of vomit all over the garden. Out of the puddles of vomit, huge snakes were emerging, which made me feel threatened. I was in fear that they might enter the house. My nan has a terrible phobia of snakes (she cannot even look at a drawing of one, or a toy). RBA was there and I asked him to get rid of the vomit/snakes. He started using a garden rake to do this task.

I cannot recall anything else about this dream.

TIME: 05:00 - 11:00 hours
LUCIDITY: Pre-lucid

Dreamsigns:
  • Blue severed head in a bag (A - Action/F - Form)
  • Realising a dream symbol was influenced by a real-life memory/day residue - this should have triggered lucidity (IA - Inner Awareness)
  • Snakes coming out of cat vomit in the garden (A - Action/F- Form/C - Context)

Recurrent Dream Themes:
  • My nan's house in Sheringham as a dream scene
  • PS as a dream character
  • Cannabis
  • Snakes

Potential Day/Dream Residue:
  • I had been watching Back in Time for Dinner in the days before this dream.

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:

This dream was strange and I woke up feeling slightly intrigued by it - especially the thoughts about inventing the new shade of blue and seeing the severed head. The image of the snakes emerging from the cat vomit also left an impression. Although this dream involved some aspects which were quite disgusting and threatening, it did not seem like a nightmare at the time, just a bizarre dream. I used to have childhood nightmares about the feral cats that lived in my nan's garden, even though I enjoyed trying to 'befriend' them. One of my childhood nightmares (which involved some natural lucidity) about these cats really stands out in my memory, even though I think I was younger than 10 years when it occurred (I had the dream before my mum and I moved out of this house which is how I can date it). I might write up this dream in due course, out of interest. 

* If I recall anything further about this dream, I will record it below.

Interpretation/Analysis:
Again, this dream involved Sheringham as a dream scene location and PS as a dream character. This dream is quite hard to interpret and analyse. I think I was aware that other male characters were interfering with my relationship with PS - which was something he had told me when we were together. In this dream, I wanted to get rid of their influence and just be with PS at a happy time.

No comments:

Post a Comment