Wednesday 22 April 2015

Dream 415

'Protein Shakes & Hash'
Dream date: 20 April 2015
I was in my nan's house, which appeared exactly as it does in real-life, except instead of the gas heater, there was an open fire, the way there was when I was growing up. The fire was fierce and roaring. PS and his whole immediate family lived in this house with my own family members (my mum and my nan). It was evening.

I saw that on the tiled hearth in front of the fire were a selection of vitamins and protein powders (in huge, plastic containers), which belonged to both MH (PS's elder brother and I) - in real-life we both used to use protein powders when I lived with PS in London. I left the room, and returned, keen to take some vitamins. I took some Vitamin B Complex. I then decided that I wanted to make a protein shake, but I should use MH's protein instead of my own. I knelt down by the hearth to find MH's protein, but could see that he had taken it away. I had to use my own strawberry flavoured protein powder, but noticed that the majority of it had been placed in a pint glass and mixed with spices (cumin, turmeric, chilli powder etc) by PS's mum, which annoyed me. I tried to tip out the spices and then drink the protein powder (dry, with no liquid) and it tasted disgusting. 

PS was sitting at the table, using a colouring book. His mum, and my family were seated on the chairs in the living-room. MH was standing by the TV, flexing his muscles. I realised that it was now morning. I said something about a Nintendo Gameboy, but I cannot recall what. I then realised that I had a digital personal organiser - like the ones which were used in the 1980s and 1990s. It was in a leather pouch, which had several pockets. I was sat in the armchair in the corner (between the airing/boiler cupboard and the kitche door), or I may have been sat on the floor beside the chair. I was looking at the organiser, and had the clear thought that the organiser itself would be made of hard plastic casing (containing the electronics), but was surprised to find that the buttons and screen were mounted on the leather itself and there was no solidity or electronic parts to the organiser. I looked in the pockets and found som cannabis (hash) wrapped in some clingfilm in one of them - this was in two separate wraps, but together, there was not enough for even one joint. I was disappointed, but when I looked in the last pocket, I found a large lump of hash (also in clingfilm). I had the clear memory that this hash had been stashed many years ago - when I used to smoke hash as a teenager. I was very happy to find it after such a long time. I showed it to PS by holding it up and calling out his name. He looked pleased as well. 

I walked the very short distance (2 - 3 steps) across the room to where PS was sitting at the table colouring. The door which leads into the hall was open and I could see that in the hall, in front of the front door and the coat hooks were two workmen/construction workers (wearing hardhats, white vests and jeans) were standing beside a sawhorse and looked like they were about to do some renovation/building work. I pointed them out to everyone because I had not expected to see them there. PS's mum then said: 'They aren't men!' - she sounded angry or in disbelief. I looked again and saw that the two 'men' were now elderly Romany Gypsy women, dressed in traditional outfits and holding big baskets. They were hairdressers and had arrived to style PS's mum's and my nan's hair.

TIME: 05:00 - 10:00 hours (I am not sure when this dream took place)
LUCIDITY: None
SPECIAL NOTES: None of note

Dreamsigns:
  • The open fire - a memory (IA - Inner Awareness/F - Form)
  • PS and his family lived in my nan's house (IA - Inner Awareness/C - Context)
  • I definitely saw male construction workers at first and they somehow changed into female Romany Gypsys (IA - Inner Awareness/F - Form/C - Context)

Recurrent Dream Themes:
  • My nan's living-room as a dream scene
  • Cannabis

Potential Day/Dream Residue:
  • The day before I had this dream I had comtemplated buying some vitamins and supplements as a lucid dreaming experiment - Vitamin B6 is known to boost dreaming.
  • I have some strawberry flavoured protein powder in my kitchen for when I weight-train in the gym. I had been considering returning to my weight-training in the days leading up to this dream.
  • This dream happened on '420 Day' (International Cannabis Day.
  • In the days leading up to this dream I had seen a TV advert promoting a show called My Big Fat Gypsy Grand National.
  • PS contacted me the day after I had this dream.

Waking Thoughts & Emotions:
I enjoyed this dream, but cannot recall any specific waking thoughts/emotions worth noting.

* I think I recalled this dream in full.

No comments:

Post a Comment