Monday 10 June 2019

Dream 986

'Lucky Hand'
Date: 26 May 2019
Day 22 of Dream Incubation Experiment - A Star Wars Adventure 
Status: Unsuccessful Dream Incubation 

Scene 1: A Small Room - Time Unknown
I was in a small room, which was lit with a yellow light. The room appeared to be empty of all furniture and decor - other than a small table in the centre, which I think was made of wood. There were chairs around the table. In the position I was seated at the table, the door to the room was behind me to the left. The room was filled by the table/chairs and people who were seated around - it was a game of poker. There were approximately 5 - 7 other people around the poker table - I think they were all male dream characters, who I knew to be fellow poker players, but did not know in the dream or recognise from real life. Beside me was the only dream character I can remember physically. He was a large man, dominated by the colour red - his skin was red-toned and shiny, giving him the impression of being a 'jolly man' and a comedian. He was wearing bright coloured clothing - a suit, which had some red in it. He was leaning at an odd angle and laughing, which I found to be distracting. 

I was told I had to put the big blind in, and I felt panicked even though I had a stack of poker chips on the table. I said I would only play if someone else put the big blind in. This was arranged somehow. I then looked down at my cards. I had an Ace and a Jack, both spades. I thought to myself: 'that's my lucky hand' (it is my real life lucky hand, although not necessarily spades - any suit/combo). The male dream character, Mr Red said loudly, in a stupid voice: 'that's your lucky hand'. I was really annoyed at him for saying this out loud in case any of the other poker players could predict what my cards were. 

I turned towards the door. There was a ginger and white cat - which I knew to be male - curled up right next to the door of the room, which was ajar. I noticed the door was painted white and the walls were painted pale orange - I then noticed that this represented the colours of the cat's fur and wondered if this was a purposeful design choice.

I cannot remember anything else about this dream.

Additional Notes:
  • This is Day 22 of my current Dream Incubation Experiment - A Star Wars Adventure (click on this title link to read my introductory post and see my accompanying Youtube video, below)
  • I had been asking AJR if he could play poker. He said he could not. He then told me, a short period of time later, that he had been present when some of his friends were playing poker and one friend had shown him his hand, which was an ace and a jack. AJR's friend had to point out this basically AJR's first name. I then told AJR that ace and jack was my lucky hand, but I hadn't even realised it was his name, until he told me this story

No comments:

Post a Comment