Monday 22 July 2019

Dream 1013

'Imminent Flood Risk'
Date: 21 July 2019
Scene 1: An Unknown Interior - Day
I am not sure where I was at the start of this dream, but I assumed I was in an interior. Member of my family (I recall my Mum, Stepdad and Nan being present) told me that a massive flood was imminent and we would have to barricade ourselves in a shelter or bunker for months until it was safe. I did not believe the threat of the flood to be real and/or severe enough to require being in a shelter/bunker and no-one else but my family were worried. I was resistant and wanted to rebel against my family. My Mum ordered that we gather supplies and clothing. I thought this was a huge and unnecessary task and wanted to refuse to do it - my aim was to find a way to refuse being barricaded in the shelter/bunker. Everyone in my family were acting as though I was crazy for resisting and being difficult.

Something compelled me to actually go to my wardrobe and start packing clothes. I found myself in my own real life bedroom, looking in my actual wardrobe. I saw there were shelves in the wardrobe where the space for clothes to be hung on a railing were and specifically noticed a mint green jumper (which I do not own in real life). 

I looked out of a window at an unfamiliar landscape. It was daytime, but not sunny. I think it was overcast. All I could see was flat land - like scrubland, with weeds and a large, far-stretching body of water which appeared to be a large silver lake, reflective like a mirror, and a number of palm trees dotted about, which looked out of place in this landscape.I thought it looked beautiful, not threatening and saw no danger of the alleged flood. 

Scene 2: A School/University of Hospital - Day
I was then with my family in an institutional building which may have been a school/university or hospital. We were standing on an upper level, on a landing, just near the long staircase. We were standing next to the railings. There were lots of dream characters present. Suddenly, for no apparent reason, my Mum reached between the landing railings, her hand also going through the railings to the stairs. She pushed 2 elderly white males, who fell down the stairs and died. 

I was aware my Mum was going to be charged with a double murder. I was desperate to find her a lawyer, and in the dream I was going to go back to my former colleagues at the criminal defence law firm I used to work in. I was trying to recall the name of a female legal executive I used to know - but could not. I considered my former colleague, AS - knowing he was very thorough with his work, but the fact he was a legal executive and not a solicitor made me think I needed to find someone else. My former boss - and senior partner of my former workplace, IF (who I had a workplace dispute with prior to me leaving this job) appeared and said he was going to defend my Mum, even though I had not instructed him. He leered in my face, looking evil and twisted - an exaggerated version of how he used to appear in real life. I was not happy to see him, but I knew that he was a very good lawyer. My Mum was sitting at a wooden desk, with her head resting on her arms. There were legal files on the desk. 

Additional Notes:
  • On the day of this dream - or the day previous - I recall AJR mentioning another prisoner had barricaded himself in his cell
  • On the day of this dream I had been discussing the fact I do not like the colour green very much, and do not own many green clothes, in a conversation with DL. During the conversation we specifically noted that a cup I was drinking coffee out of was a shade of mint green
  • I think the lake in this dream is a reference to the large lake (or 'broad') which is just outside my home - a short distance across the field. In the sun is appears silvery and mirror-like and I had noted this while sitting there on the day of this dream (I sit by the lake almost daily as it is so tranquil and relaxing)
  • I LOVE palm trees and had recently asked AJR if we can one day have a palm tree in our garden
  • On the day of this dream I had been playing Sims 3 and had designed a prison - part of this design involved selecting landing and stair railings which resembled a real life prison
  • On the day of this dream I had a conversation with 2 German students I had randomly met outside by the lake, which involved talking about age and the fact they work with the elderly in care homes - my Mum also works (and resides above) a care home
  • Contemporaneous to this dream, I had been trying to secure legal representation for AJR 
  • Recently I have been trying to recall the name of the female legal executive I was trying to remember in the dream - because I had heard a rumour that she was working as a solo practitioner and I wanted to approach her to ask how she obtained a legal aid contract for this (if it was indeed true) - I had a number of discussions with AJR about this woman and had even asked a local friend RPJD (who had once been her client when I worked at my former law firm) if he could remember her name (he could not). Therefore even in my dream, I was still searching my memory for the name of this former colleague!
  • Note that this dream took place during the period in which I am testing the Awoken Lucid Dreaming App - please click HERE to read my introductory post which provides all relevant information about this app which is designed to help you train your mind for lucid dream induction!

No comments:

Post a Comment