Sunday 28 July 2019

Dream 1020

'Unwanted Marriage & Baby'
Date: 27 July 2019 
Scene 1: An Unknown Interior - Day
I was in an unknown interior for the start of the dream. I was 3 months pregnant, but my body had changed and I looked and felt 9 months pregnant, which disturbed me greatly. I was really uncomfortable, and could not move around easily. I recall I was wearing a white T-shirt. I felt very unattractive, and was not happy that I was pregnant. I knew AJR was the father of the baby, although he was not present. There was some more action in this dream scene, but I cannot recall what it was. 

Scene 2: A Shopping Mall - Day
I then remember going to a very small, weird shopping mall with my Mum and other (unrecalled) members of my family. The aim was to buy a wedding dress for me, but I did not want to buy a wedding dress and was angry and upset - also because I was pregnant and felt very overweight and tired. The shops in the mall (I think it was a 'strip mall' as it just seemed to be a row of shops in a white tiled interior building) were all very cheap and tacky. My Mum took me into one particular shop, where all the clothes were very disgusting - they seemed like cheap, low quality 'nightclub' style dresses mainly. My Mum showed me a very awful, frilly peach satin mini-dress, which had very ragged edges as part of the design. I thought the dress was horrific and I rejected it, but my Mum and everyone with us was trying to convince me that it was the perfect dress for me to marry AJR. There was more walking around this horrible clothing store, looking at dresses I would never want to wear. 

I knew that I was unable to smoke cannabis now that I was pregnant, so I asked my Mum if she would bake me some edibles i.e. space cake. My Mum did not say 'No' but I perceived the fact that she was not going to make me any edibles and we were going to continue the shopping trip which I did not want to be involved with. I began crying in a really whinging, whiny way over the fact I could not get my Mum to make me any edibles and the fact I was pregnant and shopping for a wedding dress I did not want.

I cannot recall anything else about this dream. I woke up desperately needing to pee - which might have accounted for my discomfort in the dream, and the sensation of being pregnant, as my bladder felt very full and uncomfortable.

Additional Notes:
  • This dream took place during the period in which I am testing the Awoken Lucid Dreaming App - please click HERE to read my introductory post which provides all relevant information about this app which is designed to help you train your mind for lucid dream induction!
  • On the day before this dream I had a discussion with AJR where he mentioned that I would have to stop smoking cannabis regularly when we have a baby (I agreed, because...I do agree with that!) I had made a joke about still being able to consume edibles
  • In the same conversation, AJR and I had talked about decorating our future home. I had said AJR would want to be fully in control of the decor (as he is much more interested in that than I am) - he had said, no we would participate equally, until I mentioned that I like peach as a colour scheme

No comments:

Post a Comment