Friday 26 July 2019

Dream 1017

'The Roast Office'
Date: 26 July 2019
Scene 1: A Post Office Interior - Day
I was working in a post office with Anakin Skywalker, who appeared as he does when a Padawan in Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (2002), although in the dream, he was already quite involved with the Dark Side, because he had yellow Sith eyes. The post office was actually called the 'Roast Office'. In the dream, there was no significance to the name of the post office - it did not seem odd and I did not question it. Anakin and I seemed to get along as colleagues - we were talking. but I cannot recall the conversation. 

The 'boss' entered. This was a white middle-aged male dream character wearing a business suit. He had brown hair and the only thing distinctive about him was the fact that he had a very large balloon-shaped head. He seemed to be in a bad mood with both Anakin and I. He said that we must be careful not to 'spill the beads' - referring to some wrapped gift boxes which apparently contained beads in them. These gift boxes were stacked behind the counter (on the floor) of the Roast Office, and were very square, around the size of 4 Rubix cubes stacked, and wrapped in different colours of shiny wrapping paper (red, blue, yellow, green, pink, purple etc) - there were a large amount of these boxes. 

Anakin had a can of fizzy drink. He dropped it and it spilled on the wrapped gift boxes containing the beads. Anakin started laughing, but I did not find this funny as I knew we would get in trouble for this. 

I was called out from behind the counter to speak to the boss about the spilled drink ruining the gift boxes. We sat beside one another on a bench which was beside the window (I could see it was a sunny day outside - I also recall seeing trees). The boss was leaning into me very closely, which felt threatening. He began telling me off for the fizzy drink spilling on the gift boxes, even though this was Anakin's fault, not mine. I looked up at Anakin, who was still behind the counter (I could not see any customers at this time, nor had I previously). Anakin was smirking in a smug way, because he was not in trouble for his accident, I was. I was frustrated and angry at both Anakin and my boss, because I was innocent. My boss was still leering at me, very closely. He told me that the matter was going to go to court and I would be sentenced to a long period of imprisonment unless I took a plea bargain (we don't have plea bargaining in the UK, although you can negotiate a deal which we used to refer to as 'carving up' the case - pleading to certain matters on an agreed basis, so that lesser matters get dropped etc). I was very anxious and worried about the prospect of a criminal conviction. 

I went behind the counter again, in a very bad mood. I used my mobile phone to call AJR to tell him about what happened. AJR reassured me that no action could be taken against me because the gift boxes of beads were illegal and contained 'hot gas and asbestos'. This calmed me down and I felt relieved.

I cannot recall what else happened in this dream.

Additional Notes:
  • This dream took place during the period in which I am testing the Awoken Lucid Dreaming App - please click HERE to read my introductory post which provides all relevant information about this app which is designed to help you train your mind for lucid dream induction!
  • This dream also took place during a Quickshot Dream Incubation Experiments (see video below for QDI#6, and my introductory article - Quickshot Dream Incubations | QDI#1) - this was not a successful dream incubation
  • 'Roast Office' could be a play on words as AJR had asked me to post some Legal Aid forms to him after a mix up with some post - this requires me to go to the Post Office. At the same time there has also been an extreme heatwave in the UK - and AJR has been working outside with no sun protection (and sensitive skin, which has not had much sun exposure for many years), meaning he now has drastic sunburn and blistering/rash. The Roast Office might also have been a reference to Anakin Skywalker being burned on Mustafar in Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005)
  • A couple of days before this dream I had a conversation with a friend, GR about him going to an event in London where Hayden Christensen would be in attendance. In the same conversation, we discussed different flavours of Coke and which ones we preferred
  • The day before this dream I had been watching a Youtube movie reviewer reviewing Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (2002) - I fell asleep while watching this video
  • Looking back on this dream, the boss resembled Steve Carell playing Michael Scott in the American version of The Office, which I have been binge-watching recently
  • A couple of days before this dream I was watching an (unrecalled) Youtube video which referenced the relatively recent Claire's (Accessories) scandal where children's makeup products were found to contain asbestos

No comments:

Post a Comment